| Home Specialists Dr. S.Venkataramanan
Dr. S.Venkataramanan MS(Ortho).,D (Ortho).,
MS (Orthopaedics) Grant Medical College, Bombay University June,1992
Diploma Orthopaedics,College of Physicians and Surgeons, Bombay January,1992
MBBS, Grant Medical College Bombay University June,1989
Underwent special training in Arthroscopy and Computer Navigated Joint replacement Surgeries under Dr Prof Med Wilhelm Breuchley, Sigmaringen, Germany
-Adjudged First in MS (Orthopaedics) examinations in the University
-Distinction in Anatomy and Biochemistry subjects in MBBS
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sooriya Hospital, Chennai (since May'99), With one exclusive department for Orthopaedics, the work that I do here is knee and hip joint replacements, operative arthroscopy of knee and shoulder, single stage multi level corrective surgery in cerebral palsy and other paediatric orthopaedic work, complex trauma and spine surgery.
February, 1997 to April, 1999 Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Tamilnadu Hospital, Chennai.
June1994 to January 1997 Lecturer, Topiwala National Medical College, BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai, Bombay University A large (1200 bedded) teaching hospital in the heart of Mumbai where I obtained valuable experience in Arthroplasty and Arthroscopy work.
February1993 to May 1994 Senior Resident Registrar, Orthopaedics, Children's Orthopaedics Hospital, Haji Ali, Mumbai. Here, under the guidance of leading paediatric orthopaedic surgeons of Bombay I acquired skills of club foot, limb lengthening, congenital hip dislocation and spastic surgery.
May 1989 to January 1993 Department of Orthopaedics, Grant Medical College, Bombay.
Registrar July 1990 to January 1993.
House surgeon, Department of General Surgery February 1990 to June1990.
House surgeon, Dept. of Orthopaedics August 1989 to January 1990.
- Arthroplasty: Total Hip (cemented and uncemented) and Total Knee arthroplasty
- Arthroscopy: Knee:
- ACL Reconstruction
- Meniscal balancing
- Loose body Removal
- Debridement in Arthritic knees Shoulder:
- Bankart repair for recurrent dislocation of shoulder
- Open reduction and fixation of all long bone fractures using AO principles including the new Locking plate. This is especially useful in periarticular fractures
- Closed inter lock nailing of all long bone fractures
- Illizarov ring fixator application for fractures and simple Tibial lengthening
Laminectomy and Discectomy
Pedicular Screw fixation for trauma
Anterior decompression and fusion for TB
Percutaneous Vertebroplasty for osteoporotic fractures
- Pediatric Ortho: Botullinum toxin injection in CP Reconstructive surgery in Cerebral Palsy Clubfoot deformity correction
- Lecture and demonstration of Botullinum toxin injections in Cerebral palsy: May 2004, BIRD Hospital, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
- Conducted a workshop on Botullinum toxin in Spastic children; January 2004, Children's Orthopaedic Hospital, Mumbai.
- Conducted Shoulder Arthroscopy Conference as organizing secretary with live demonstration of surgery; May 2001, Sooriya Hospital, Chennai.
- Role of Supplemental Tension band wiring of the Greater Trochanter in Inter-trochanteric fractures; Western India ROC 1991, Mumbai.